Liposuction; Realistic Expectations
September 28, 2020
Liposuction, just like every other surgical procedure has done a lot of wonders to transform an unwanted physique into what the individual undertaking the procedure can be proud of. Not only for beauty but cosmetic procedures in various forms have also affected well-being and health positively. In all of this glitter, those who have heard but have not actually undergone a cosmetic procedure are full of false hopes and pipe dreams during their consideration stage. That is more of the reason I have taken the pain to explain the realistic expectations that you should have before paying that surgeon to perform liposuction on you. Also, if you’re still on the searching stage, see the next link for the best liposuction provider near me.
First thing first…
What Is Liposuction
Simply put clearly, liposuction is a cosmetic procedure done by an expert surgeon or a dermatologist to remove the fat that cannot be eliminated through diet and exercising from the victim’s body. The fat to be removed is usually found in the belly, around the hips, the buttocks, the thighs, the arms, and the back. And just so you know, liposuction can be done along with similar procedures like tummy tucks, breast reduction, and facelifts.
What Not To Expect From Liposuction Procedure
As previously stated, there are people who have unexpected expectations from liposuction. To bring you into the light, highlighted below are some of the false hopes you shouldn’t have about liposuction.
- Eliminating cellulite; if you’re embarrassed about the cottage cheese fat under your thighs, chances are you are already considering liposuction. But say this after me…”I am out of luck”. Yes, you are. Nobody walks out of liposuction with their cellulite eliminated or removed. You should rather be opting for cryo lipolysis or laser treatments.
- Stretch Marks; for anyone looking to remove stretch marks from their skin, liposuction will fail you.
- A Doorway To Bad Eating Habit; forget the hypes, successful liposuction doesn’t give you the freedom to start eating what you want, when, and how you want. You still have to be diet-conscious.
- Skin Tightening; dear reader, with love and light, I write these in italics; “liposuction won’t tighten loose skin neither will it eliminate sagging or hagging skin”.
Before going into the details of what you can expect from a liposuction procedure, below I will explain what you should look out for to know whether you are a good candidate for the procedure or not.
Are You A Good Candidate?
- First thing, make sure you are within 30% of your ideal weight
- Secondly, confirm that you have stopped smoking months before
- Finally, ensure that your skin is firm and elastic before undertaking the procedure
Now, to the expectations…
What You Should Expect From A Liposuction Procedure
- You can remove a total of 10pounds of fat through the procedure
- As the procedure entails the removal of fat cells, the fat won’t grow back in the area operated on
- You will wear a compression garment through the first 4-6weeks of post-procedure
- Yes, and liposuction leaves scars on the skin.