All About Creating an Edu Email Address for Free
January 8, 2021
If you have been to a college or university, you must have received a .edu email address from there. This is common for most state universities and institutions that the registered students get an email address for free and there are many benefits of that.
But there can be chances that you are not a student or the university or educational institution that you have joined is not providing you with an email address. In that case, you can create a .edu email address for free, and avail various benefits like students discount, standardized mail, and so on. So if you are interested in creating the email address for you, you can find out the required information here.
Benefits of EDU Email Address
Before you proceed towards creating the .edu email address, you must know all the important benefits attached to it.
- 6-months free access to Amazon Prime
- Free Access to Github student pack
- You get unlimited storage and additional tools for Google Drive.
- Free software for students
- Free access to online educational courses
- Access to graphic designing tools
- Student discounts on Best Buy
- 50% discount on Adobe Acrobat Cloud
- Student discounts on iTunes purchases
- Special Student discount for Spotify Premium
|[Disclaimer- .edu email address is only for a US-based student who is enrolled in a U.S. university or college. It is illegal to create a fake .edu email address and is also considered a crime in some countries depending on the specific laws that govern your area, the state where the institution is based, and federal law.]|
How to Create Edu Email Address?
Edu email address comes really handy for students as they are low on budgets and cannot spend a lot on their education. So if you are a student, creating a .edu ID will help; here is how you can create one:
- Go to this link- https://www.openccc.net/uPortal/p/AccountCreation.ctf1/max/render.uP to sign up for a free edu email address and then click on ‘Begin creating my account’
- On the next page, you will be required to enter some information; if you are a US citizen, you can enter your genuine data, or else you can create fake information through any fake address generator.
[Note- Keep your age between 20-23 as you are signing up as a student.]
- Next, enter the information that you have generated in the ‘Personal Information’ section such as first name, middle name, last name, suffix, date of birth, social security number; you can also select ‘No’ for the information you don’t want to enter.
- Now, you will need to enter your email and a U.S. phone number. Enter all the information from the fake address you have generated and click on ‘Continue’.
- Type in a username followed by a password and pin
- Then choose a security question and answer and type the Captcha; finally, click on ‘Create my account’.
If you are a US citizen, you can enter your own genuine info otherwise you can go with the directions provided here:
- Click on ‘Continue now’ and you have to sign in using your username and password
- Once you are signed in, select a college from the drop-down list and then click on ‘Start my application’
- While entering the term, mention the date that is near to the one you are applying at. Fill in the ‘Educational Goal’ as ‘Undecided goal’ and fill in any random major subject; click ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘My mailing address is the same as the Permanent Address in my OpenCCC Account above’ and then hit ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘First-time student in college’ and select ‘Received high school diploma from US school’; for the date enter the date just 1 year before you are applying for this application.
- Select ‘I attended high school’ and select the ‘California’ state. For school, select ‘Apple Valley high’ or ‘Sacramento high’.
- Select the following as well:
- G.P.A above 3-4
- 12 grade AP English composition
- literature, grade as ‘A’
- algebra1 and grade A’
- And click ‘Continue’
- Also, Select the following as well:
- US citizen and military status- none
- California residency- yes
- Select yes for every field.
- Athletic interest- no.
- Select a random program
- Select your gender and sexual orientation
- Guardian education level- high school graduate
- Latino or Hispanic- no
- Race- white, European.
- Select city Austin and state California.
- Check every information and select I consent and click on ‘Submit my application’.
- It may take some days for you to receive the edu email address and login details; so you need to wait before you try to log in and if you will try to log in immediately after creating the .edu email address, you will get an invalid username and password message.
Use a VPN
As only U.S. citizens are eligible to get a free edu email address, you can use a VPN to do the same from your country. You just need to get connected to the US IP and go to the Illinois Central College link to get the email address.
You simply have to enter all your personal information that you created before. Enter all the details carefully as single wrong information can get your application rejected. Once you submit the application, you will most probably get the email address i.e. the login credentials within 3 days.
Wait for some time after you receive the login details and let them activate your email address for further use.
That was all about how you can get a .edu email for free and enjoy all the attached benefits.