Television has always been the major source of entertainment and hence it has undergone several minor and major changes to ensure top-notch entertainment for the viewers.
But if we talk about the conventional televisions which stick to the wall and make you sit at a particular place to watch your favorite show or channel. Therefore, many brands have come forward to provide the TV-like experience in the form of an app that can work with mobile, computers, and Smart TVs, and once such an app is JioTV.
JioTV is an exclusive product of Reliance, a well known telecom company in India. This app is loaded with a wide database of content which is much more affordable than the cable connection. This app acts as TV but has much more advanced features that you cable TV offers. We all are now rapidly shifting to streaming service by ditching the conventional methods of entertainment and thus JioTV has gained a massive fan base in no amount of time.
For accessing the features and facilities of JioTV one needs to have a registered JioTV number, a stable connection, and nothing more. You can watch your favorite movies, shows, sports, and TV channels on any device of your choice.
The app consists of more than 688 channels which include 158 HD channels. The quality of streaming is great and there is no condition of weather, region, or device associated with JioTV, unlike the cable and dish services. You can have it on your smartphone and watch the content of your choice at any time anywhere.
JioTV is perfect for all age groups as it consists of a large collection of movies, serials, cartoons, and almost every TV channel of various genres. From thousands of movies to countless TV series, it is much more than just a regular TV app as the variety is exceptionally good. Whether you have a Jio Phone or not, this app can be used on products of different manufactures.
Features of Jio TV App
- Using Jio TV, you can easily search content from 12 most popular OTT platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar, Sony Liv, Zee5, JioCinema, JioSaavn, Youtube, Eros Now, and many others.
- It has an amazing search bar that can be used to sort Actors, genres, directors, producers, etc.
- The picture-in-picture mode offers a thrilling element as you can watch the video in a small window and use the large window to make another search.
- This app has content in multiple languages such as English, Hindi, Tamil, and many more.
- You record your favorite shows, mainly the live shows.
- There is a large screen experience through JioTV+.
- JioFiber broadband is interactivity such as a poll for your favorite show like Bigg Boss and reality shows.
- The interactivity for News channels and sports programs is also available.
- If you want to stream content from the Jio app on your bigger TV screen, you can use the Jio set-top box.
- You can easily put your hands on the content of your choice without worrying about the timings, as every channel and show is available in a recorded as well as live manner.
- The Pause and Play button makes it easy to stream the “Live” content as per your convenience.
- The 30 seconds rewind player is best to forward streaming.
- With the in-built “Reminder”, you can set a reminder for your favorite show for not to miss the thing which you love.
- It has 150 +HD TV channels with high- quality streaming.
- The “News” tab lets you go through the top stories of the day.
- With the “Featured” tab, you can browse all the trending and popular shows.
- Multiple options are available to choose the streaming quality.
Technical Information about JioTV App
|App Name:||Jio TV Apk|
|App File Size:||11.23M|
|Requires Versions:||Android 4.1 + Up|
|Developer:||Reliance Corporate Lt.|
|Category:||Movies and Live TV|
|Updated:||9th September 2020|
|Total Downloads:||3,048,445 at present|
The feature list of Jio TV is quite long and thus more and more people are getting attracted to it. The next highlight of Jio TV is the wide range of compatibility. From TV, Computer, to Smartphones, it can be downloaded and used on every device that you are comfortable with. But there are a few basic requirements that should be followed to attain the optimum performance of the Jio TV.
Make sure you are access to the below-listed things before you begin downloading and installing the JioTV app:
- A high-speed internet connection
- Jio TV APK
- The latest version of the web browser.
- 4G Jio SIM and a jio Mobile number.
How to Download Jio App For Free?
Download on Android Device
Step 1: First, make sure you install the Jio TV app from an authentic source. Jio TV app is available on the “Play Store” and “Android App Store”.
Important Note: For downloading the app on your device, make sure you have a Jio account. You can create a Jio account whenever required.
Step 2: After downloading the app or JioTV Apk file on Android, open the “Settings” of your mobile and access the “Security” option and then open “Unknown”.
Step 3: Click “App” and then “Install” to begin the installation process.
Step 4: Now, wait till the installation is completed and then open the JioTV app on your device and sign-in using your mobile number or email address to watch your favorite TV shows and channels.
Download on iOS Devices (iPhone or iPad)
Step 1: The process of downloading and installing the JioTV on iOS devices similar to that of Android. You can download the Jio TV app from the “App Store” or Jio’s official website.
Step 2: After installing the app, all you need is to log in to Jio Id using a mobile number/email address and the password for your JIO account.
After these simple steps, you can use Jio TV to watch your favorite shows and channels of your choice. The Jio TV app on your mobile is the best way to ditch the Television set hanging on your wall and entertain yourself at any place, all you need is a stable internet connection.
But if you don’t want to suffocate your smartphone with apps, and want to stream your favorite shows on a widescreen, you can install Jio TV on your Smart TV and have fun with your family or friends. Not only Smartphones but Jio TV can also be installed on your computing devices. Though, installing Jio TV on a computer is not as simple because there is no app available for Jio TV available on the “Windows Store”.
So, here are the ways using which you can Install Jio TV on your Smart TV and computer.
How to Install JioTV on Smart TV
Step 1: Go to the Play Store of your television from the app section.
Step 2: Now, search for the JioTV application using the search bar.
Step 3: Install the APK from there.
Step 4: After this, you can sign-in to the JioTV application by entering your email address/Jio number and account password.
Step 5: The app will only run if you have a registered 4G sim and then you can watch all channels and shows on your SmartTV.
Alternatively, you can install using a pen drive.
How to Install JioTV App on SmartTV using Pen Drive
Step 1: First, download the link of the JioTV application apk.
Step 2: Now, copy the APK to pen drive and attach it to your television.
Step 3: Download the File Explorer app on your television.
Step 4: Search the app on File Explorer and download the APK. Then it is required to install the Bluetooth mouse application.
Step 5: You can log-in to the JioTV application using a mobile number, ID, and password.