How to Get a Student Visa for Canada in 2021?
October 20, 2021
Did you know, Canada is recognized for providing an excellent quality of education in the world from elementary school to doctorate level? Other than providing a high-quality educational system, Canada is also popular for delivering vibrant culture. The country holds three main educational aspects, including scientific publications, international associations, and research, which make it one of the best countries for getting a student visa.
The benefits of the educational system on a broader level captivates every student; that’s why a large number of people from different nations apply for a Canadian student visa, since the number of international students who get a chance to complete their studies and enter the work-life by staying within the country.
So, if your plans are similar and seeking guidance for the Canadian student visa process, you approached the right place. Before visiting any immigration consultant in Edmonton, let me provide you with the information on the application requirements and steps to get a study permit in Canada.
Also Read: 5 Reasons for Using the Visa Debit Card
What are the Requirements to Get a Student Visa in Canada?
Before applying for a student visa for Canada, you must know about what are the fundamental and essential requirements of 2021 for international students. Therefore, I have compiled everything that is needed to apply for a Canadian student visa.
- The applicant must not be diagnosed with any health issues.
- The applicant should hold an acceptance letter from a registered university in Canada.
- The applicant should have a clear criminal record.
- The candidate must be intended to leave the country once he completes his studies.
- The student must show proof of his financial stability that presents that he can manage his expenses in the country. These expenditures include tuition fees, traveling, living, and accommodation costs,
Four Steps to Apply for Canadian Student Visa
Here’s a list of the steps to execute for obtaining your student visa in Canada:
1. Get Enrolled in the Canadian University
The process of your Canadian student visa begins with the application for admission to a recognized university in the country. When you apply to a recognized school or university in Canada or any country, you receive an acceptance letter from the institute. This letter is a necessary document to show and obtain the work permit in Canada. The top universities in Canada include:
- McGill University
- University of Alberta
- University of British Council
- University of Manitoba
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- York University
You can choose either of the above universities by determining the requirements, your budget, and other factors.
2. Prepare the Required Documents
Above is the list of the crucial documents that are required to apply for a student visa in Canada. Other than these documents, you require a set of other documents as well that are mandatory for your visa. However, they include:
- A legit passport
- A few photographs of passport size with white background
- University fee payment receipts for proof
- Recent degree completion certificates
- An acceptance letter that you received from the designated university in Canada.
- Evidence of your clear criminal record.
- Health certificates that represent your wellbeing.
- A bank statement that proves that you have sufficient funds to manage your expenses while studying in Canada.
- An English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS, TOFEL, or C1 Advanced.
3. Begin your Student Visa Application in Canada
Once you receive your letter of acceptance from any Canadian university, it’s time to begin your application process for a student visa. You can visit the official website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to conduct an online application.
Note: If you are unable to apply online for a Canadian student visa, you can send the required documents via post to CIC.
4. Schedule Biometric Appointments and Interview
Scheduling biometric and interviews totally depend upon your nationality. You need to visit the Visa Application Center in your country to get your biometric done. It requires a specific amount fee (85 CAD per person) other than the regular visa application fees. After biometric, the applicant is called for an interview. This step also required a small amount of cost depending upon the local visa application centers.
Now that you are done with the fingerprints and interview, it takes approximately 12 to 30 days to get your visa approved by the Canadian embassy.
How Long Does the Whole Process Take to Obtain Student Visa in Canada?
Essentially, once you have applied for the study visa in Canada, the whole procedure would probably take 90 days. The process usually gets done faster, depending upon your nationality. You can get your study permit more quickly by using the Student Direct Stream by submitting a fee of 120 CAD. Then, your process will be done within 20 days.
This stream is only available for the following countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Costa Rica
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
Canada is the most popular and recognized country for a peaceful life and outstanding education system. The prosperous education system attracts youths to apply for study permits in Canada and develop their lives. If you are one of them who are planning to study in Canada and looking for reliable consultancy who guide you with the required documents. Therefore, you can find a trustworthy immigration consultant in Edmonton who takes your case ideally and helps you acquire a student visa early.