The Best Fitness Class Names for Your Gym
February 21, 2022
One of the things that can make or break any new endeavor is its name. If you choose an unattractive name for your new service, it won’t matter if you’ve got the best content. A marketing department can’t work with bad names for products and/or services. The result: nobody will be interested in what you have to offer. Coming up with the perfect name for what you have to offer, is important. But since so many product and service names already exist, it can be a real challenge.
If you are running a fitness studio or a gym and want to add a new class, the success of this new class partly depends on the name’s catchiness. Many trainers and instructors will go to Google for advice. Search for a term like “Good names for fitness classes”, and you’ll get results o’ plenty.
Amidst all this, choosing the best fitness tracker is also pretty important.
We’ve gathered some of the most creative ways to name all your fitness classes, so you can get some inspiration and maybe come up with a unique combination of your very own.
Are you ready? Let’s go!
1. General Fitness Class Names
When it comes to gyms and the fitness classes that it offers, you could probably think of thousands of good names. Problem is that it would take you a long time and you’d probably start suffering from analysis paralysis by the time you’d get to the end. Here’s a simple list to get your creative juices flowing.
- Sweat: Why not? After all, that’s pretty much the main objective!
- Power Hour: There is nothing more inspirational than the feeling of having power over your own life!
- Fab & Fit & Fun: you can be fit and fabulous and have fun while doing it!
- Walk This Weight: Music lovers are gonna have a field day with this one!
- Wishful Shrinking: A clever pun, to the absolute delight of those who know how to appreciate a good joke.
- Fierce: Simple. To the point. What’s not to like?
2. Yoga Class Names
While yoga tends to be a bit more ‘niche’ and geared towards a specific segment, yoga classes definitely need an attractive name to bring more people on board, to keep your yoga studio paying the bills.
Here is a list of names we can suggest for yoga classes:
- Yinship: All aboard! The ship is about to leave the harbor!
- Mind over Mat(ter): This clever play of words is certainly going to make them think about it for at least a few seconds!
- (Over)Flow: Go with the flow!
- Strike A Pose: Most people associate yoga with taking on poses. Might as well make’em feel pretty!
- Yin Meets Yang: Because it’s all about that balance!
- Decompress: Relax & release. Your spine will be grateful to you!
3. Zumba Class Names
Zumba is a powerful type of exercise that combines high-intensity cardio with dancing, to burn calories at high rates. What you need is a name that will cause people to jump into your classes with enthusiasm. Here are some of our suggestions.
- Feel The Beat: Can you feel the rhythm? Then dance to it!
- Dance From The Heart: If you’re gonna do something, might as well do it right. So do it from the heart!
- Epic Dance Club: Because everybody wants to belong and be epic!
- Dance The Fat Away: Regular cardio is boring. Might as well get jiggy with it!
- Encore Dance: If the beat is on heat, then you might as well do the same dance twice!
4. HIIT Class Names
If you are planning to have high-intensity interval training classes, you’re gonna wanna make sure that participants know what they’re getting themselves into. And what better way to catch their attention and make the purpose clear, than by having a really amazing name.
- Bootycamp: If you want that fitness magazine model booty, then this camp is the place for you!
- One More Rep: Because let’s face it. You’ve just gotta grind out your reps!
- Way Of Life: This one’s for the hard-core fitness aficionados!
- Primal Fitness: Participate to get back in touch with your primal inner self!
5. Bootcamp Class Names
If you are going to do a Bootcamp next season, picking a name that brings in the recruits is a complete must. Here are some suggestions.
- Fit Factory: This is where they turn boys into men!
- Rockstar Boot Camp: Everybody comes out a winner!
- Hot Mom Fitness Camp: Because you don’t want to leave out the ladies!
- Dangerous Curves: For women that like to live on the edge!
- Good Cause: Because a fit body certainly is!
6. Picking the Best One
Once you have selected the ones that you like, put them all in a list and start ranking them in order from the ones that you like the most to the ones that you like the least. When you have settled on one, don’t toss the rest just yet. You might still draw inspiration from them.
The next step is to do a quick search to see if your name of choice isn’t already used elsewhere. You don’t want to get enthusiastic about your creative new name, only to face legal issues down the road.
Building your fitness brand and the reputation of your classes depends a lot on the names you end up choosing. The name is the first thing people will see from you. Your options are endless but you’ll need to decide on the one that you feel works best for you. Always go for names that are unique, catchy, and that line up with your existing brand!