Dental Care plays an important role in protecting one’s teeth, however, people lose their healthy teeth naturally as they age and there is nothing wrong about that, but if you have lost your teeth to accidents at a young age, you probably want them back. And even if you have lost your teeth to natural wear and tear over time, you might be missing your smile and wanting that back. The solution is getting dentures or implants but which of the two should you go for? If you have come across videos or witnessed old people trying to laugh hard and trying to catch their falling dentures at the same time, then you know why dental implants are a much better option. Nobody wants to hold back a good laugh, and if you have to force yourself to turn your face away anytime you get a good laugh or cover it up, then you have tortured yourself enough, and it is time to see a dentist. You can get back your natural smile and an almost natural set of teeth as well as You can also consider All on 4 from The Point Dental.
What are the signs that might lead you to consider a dental implant?
- The first one is the most obvious if you have missing teeth/tooth and want to solve the problem, then the one solution that you can go for is a dental implant. A dental implant fills the space of the missing teeth/tooth. It then gives you your natural smile back.
- Ill-fitting dentures– you don’t want to have a wobbly set of teeth inside your mouth, not only does it pose a risk of being swallowed, it does not do its job properly. The fitting of your dentures or partials depends on a variety of factors and not just the dentist. It is again a reason for you to consider dental implants. To be able to enjoy your meals and not worry about a misaligned bite from the loose tooth.
- Gum irritation– for those who wear them, they know just how discomforting dentures or partials can be at times, especially when you have fragile areas in your mouth as the dentures rub against the gums causing friction and more irritation. Dental implants stay in place and reduce the rate of irritation or infections due to your set of teeth.
- Broken tooth– there are many ways for teeth to get damaged beyond repair; in such cases, the best option is to have the left tooth extracted followed by an implant. It helps you get rid of the problems associated with the damaged tooth and gives you a prettier smile.
- Denture care is very demanding and can make some people squeamish. So, for people who are like this, and don’t want to handle such situations, implants are the best options.
- Over time the wear and tear on your teeth (such as the grinding) can cause issues that become difficult to handle. These evident changes might mean that it is time for you to get implants, so you don’t have to deal with all the issues.