Nine stunning honeymoon places to visit in Mumbai
March 16, 2021
It could be that you are recently married and want to go out on a honeymoon trip. There are different places in India that do make excellent honeymoon vacations. If you love being among the stars, lovable, glamorous, glitzy, fast paced life, then Mumbai is the right choice. Couples can have a bit of romance and fun. This city is known to never sleep, thus making it perfect for those Bollywood crazy couples, who love to dance throughout the nights. You can plan your very own ‘Simran & Raj’ moment and tour the Film city. You can enjoy the nightlife together at the rooftop bars like ‘Aer’ which overlooks the beautiful Mumbai skyline. You can plan your very first honeymoon cocktail with your beloved one. You may also enjoy visiting those secluded, intimate places where you can spend quality time together. Close to Mumbai city are places like Alibaug, Aamby Valley, Khandala, Lonavla, etc. The amazing waterfall at Bhandardara or mini-Kashmir scenery at Goregaon is worth the visit.
Mumbai has a coastal climate and does not experience drastic temperature fluctuations. The best time to visit is between the months of November and February to enjoy pleasant weather. You can book reputed and safe hotels like The St. Regis Mumbai for your stay.
Top Honeymoon places to visit in Mumbai
- Arnala Beach, Virar: It is located about 60 kilometers away from Mumbai city. West Virar town hosts Arnala Beach. Here is also located the Arnala Fort along with several resorts and rest houses. The scenic beauty is sure to provide the much needed break from the crowded city.
- Aksa Beach, Malad: It is just an hour’s drive distance from Mumbai and an ideal romantic spot to enjoy the first date. This secluded, quiet beach experiences fewer footfalls, thus making it a wonderful place for all couples. There are several hotels and private cottages here and hence, is among the preferred honeymoon places close to Mumbai.
- Bhandardara: It is known for its breathtaking, stunning waterfalls and lush greenery. You both are sure to admire its beauty and enjoy a peaceful, quiet time here without experiencing any disturbance. You can get to her the water hitting the rocks and chirping of birds.
- Chota Kashmir, Goregaon: From Mumbai city, this place is located about 30 kilometers to its north. It is also known popularly as Mini Kashmir. This is because of its row boats, lush greenery around, colourfulness added by the variety of flowers that grow here, etc. Hence, it derives this unique name. Here, you both can also enjoy the boat ride, where you can act as the captain while you paddle or row the boats. This place was initially developed for shooting Bollywood scenes and songs to derive that Kashmir background. Presently, it is a craze among couples and visited throughout the year.
- Lavasa: If you love going on road trips, then Lavasa is sure to entertain you to the fullest. This hill station is known to offer clouds to its visitors, an interesting part of the basic features of this place. Driving through this area is sure to provide you with the very best honeymoon experience in Mumbai.
- Lonavala: This place is quite similar to that of Ireland and is also referred to as mini Ireland, since it has dams, lakes, caves and stunning scenery. It is indeed a remarkable honeymoon destination to be. Located in the Sahyadri range, it is quite similar to Bhandardara and a wonderful place for couples who love to be amongst nature. If you love trekking, short or long, then you are sure to have a great visual treat.
- Khandala: The lush greenery, valleys and mist all around the place is what makes this spot a must visit honeymoon spot for all couples.
- Matheran: Although this place is close to Mumbai, it still offers an out of the world experience. Here, you can enjoy the breathtaking sunrise and sunset.
- Silvassa: This place boasts of having a touch of the erstwhile colonial Portuguese era, the Western Ghats and exotic hotels. This is indeed an amazing combination worth exploring. The romantic spots here offer the much needed coziness.
As a couple, you need to plan the trip much in advance. You can also contact a reputed travel agent to plan and customize your itinerary to suit your specific needs and fulfil all your romantic desires. Be it a romantic beach escape or experiencing the buzzing city life, Mumbai does offer a lot. You can dive, drink, tour, trek, dance, shop, eat, explore, party and indulge in all those things to your heart’s desire. Selecting a well-established tour company will ensure being in safe hands and making the most of the trip without experiencing any unwanted and unpleasant situations. Moreover, you can have good company around and yearn to come back for more to relieve those moments spent here with your better half. You should however, book the top hotels in Mumbai within your budget like The St. Regis Mumbai to derive a wonderful honeymoon experience.
1. Mumbai is popular for street shopping. Which markets to visit?
A. You should visit Colaba Causeway if you desire to shop oxidized neck pieces and junk jewellery items. For fancy and cheap bags, footwear or ethnic jootis, explore linking rod close to Bandra area. For clothes, you can visit fashion street. Alpha market offers imported chocolates, footwear, stationery, etc.
2. Most romantic honeymoon places and spots for couples to visit in Mumbai city?
A. The city’s skyline is romantically stunning both during day and nighttimes. You can sit by the Worli sea-face or Marin Drive and enjoy the breathtaking sunrise or sunset view. You can also enjoy the sea-side breeze at Nariman Point and have tasty peanut chaat. The other amazing places for couple to enjoy the seaside are Juhu and Bandra. Here, you can also eat pav bhaaji, a popular snack here. You can also visit the romantic lounge that overlooks the sea like Estella or Gadda Da Vida.